On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mabesa

i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself Empty
PostSubject: i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself   i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 am

i feel sad and hopeless i realise the last few days that i really need help ugently.i need to talk to someone who will be able to help me understand what is happening to me.at times i am happy and complete but other times i am afraid for my life and my baby's life,i struggle to fall asleep at home with my baby i feel like i will loose my mind.I cant go on like this i want to enjoy being her mother and find enjoy in life again.i think many things contributed in my pnd,my boyfriend had an affair while i was pregnant i still feel like he is sleeping with someone now but cant prove.i had an abortion when i was 19 years old,i wasnt ready to be a mom.and when i was 20 i had a miscarriage i was relieved and disappointed the same time so since from those two situations i have always felt a sense of loss somehow.i love my baby to bits so i need to be a good mom for her and i want to enjoy life again.[flash][/flash]
Back to top Go down
Paige

PostSubject: Re: i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself   i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Dear Mabesa

I can really relate to how you are feeling. I also feel fine some of the time and then absolutely terrible and hopeless at other times. I went to my GP on Monday who started me on eglonyl -a medication for depression. It also boosts milk production if you are feeding. Fortunately it works quite quickly and I already feel a bit more in control. I also went to a psychiatrist yesterday who confirmed the PND and started another antidepressant. That one takes a bit longer to work.

Just accepting that I have a problem and knowing there is help out there has already made me feel a lot stronger. I still have my tearful moments but at least I'm not so hard on myself.

I really think you should get help from a medical person - Doctor or psychologist. Especially if you are at all suicidal. You have so much to deal with and shouldn't have to do it alone. Let me know how it goes. You are in my prayers.

Paige
Back to top Go down
RebelMum

RebelMum

PostSubject: Re: i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself   i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Be careful with Eglonyl (also known as Espiride). They are quite commonly prescribed as an anti-depressant by GP's and Gyn's due to the milk-producing side effect, but psychiatrists generally won't prescribe it due to the fact that its also an anti-psychotic and once a person comes off it the depression can be much worse.

I have known at least one person who was put on it and had problems coming off it that lead to hospitalisation.
Back to top Go down
nivy@iburst.co.za

PostSubject: Re: i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself   i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 am

hi. i was taking espiride for thee months and it made me feel very dull. i have stopped taking it for 2 weeks now and i am starting to feel the effects. when i was young i was molested for 5 years by my mom's second husband and i am starting to remember every-thing like it was yesterday. that was the reason i was on espiride. so i am stuck between a rock and hard a place, feel dull and insipid or remember the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself   i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself Empty

Back to top Go down

i feel hopeless and suicidal towards myself
Page 1 of 1