On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHAT DO I HAVE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luvbeing

WHAT DO I HAVE Empty
PostSubject: WHAT DO I HAVE   WHAT DO I HAVE EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:27 am

Hi, My baby was born 5 months ago. When he was born I immediately bonded with him. I think I had normal baby blues, with panic/anxiety attacks and being weepy

I am still getting these but it when mostly I am not with him. He is so precious to me and I love spending time with him. I have no feelings of annoyance or irratability. I donot have the urge to hurt him or myself, but I do feel weepy, sometimes detached, and I feel like he is the think that keeps me sane.

What I have seems to be a terrible anxiousness leaving him, and this inturn gives me these attacks. Is this a continuation of PND is it a type of PND??/

PLEASE ADVISE
Back to top Go down
RebelMum

RebelMum

WHAT DO I HAVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO I HAVE   WHAT DO I HAVE EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:14 pm

PND can take many forms, so it could very well be that you have it in another form to the more commonly described symptoms.

It could also be that you have Postnatal Distress, which is a form of PND that is less severe and (if I remember correctly) more commonly takes the form of anxiety. However, saying it is less severe does not make it any less important! You should definitely consider contacting an psychologist with experience in PND. In some cases a few sessions of therapy to talk about how you are feeling can help overcome the anxiety, and you may have no need for any form of medication.

If you need something to help you with the anxiety, you could look at using something homeopathic, such as Rescue Remedy.

hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Marlene

WHAT DO I HAVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO I HAVE   WHAT DO I HAVE EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey, i have similar effects. I do not want to harm my baby or myself, but i do suffer from extreme panic attacks. My baby is almost 4 months old and i had my first panic attack when i was released from hospital wit him. Do i have PND?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHAT DO I HAVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO I HAVE   WHAT DO I HAVE Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO I HAVE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On-line Support Group :: You've had a baby, how are you?-
Jump to: