On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Post natal in men ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sherdan

PostSubject: Post natal in men ?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 am

Hi all , im really desperate. We gave birth to a baby boy on Monday and i couldnt have asked for anthing better. But since yesterday ive had this horrible knot in my stomach, im feeling nauseas and im puking , i had a good few cries, feeling extremely anxious and panicky...I feel bad cuz my wife had a c section and shes recovering and shes is OK but i want to be strong for her, i feel bad becuz i should be enjoying my son every minute but im just battling to feel it...is this post natal ? am i adjusting ? i hate this feeling , any replies would be highly appreciated....many thanks

Daniel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy B

PostSubject: Re: Post natal in men ?   Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi,Sherdan.
I don't know if this is post natal depression i think that is only to do with hormones during pregnancy,but any big event in life such as having a baby can trigger depression or anxiety. It is normal to be a bit anxious with your new baby as every thing is new but i havn't heard of people getting it to the degree of throwing up, that definitely dosn't sound normal. I know it can be hard but it might be worth talking to your doctor about it, he may know more about it than me.I hope that helped at least a little bit. Amy.
Back to top Go down

Post natal in men ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1