On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

difference between postnatal and normal depression

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katesmom

PostSubject: difference between postnatal and normal depression   Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:32 pm

I wanted to know the difference between postnatal depression and normal depression, I read through the checklist and ticked literally everything on a three, the only thing I haven't had a problem with bonding with my baby, they are my life. She is seven months old now and I have been feeling this way for about 8 weeks now - is it too late for pnd to set in?
Back to top Go down
PNDSA

PostSubject: REPLY TO KATE'S MOM   Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 am

Postnatal depression can happen within the first year after the birth of a baby and I therefore think that it is PND rather than a general depression. You don't have to show all the symptoms as given on our check list. Some moms like yourself, bond with their babies well, and yet are still depressed. I would suggest that you seek advice from a medical professional. If you email me on info@pndsa.org.za and tell me in what area you live, I will be able to put you in contact with a counsellor.

Take care

Colleen
PNDSA
Back to top Go down

difference between postnatal and normal depression
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1