On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is life ever going to be the same again?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MICHELEV

Is life ever going to be the same again? Empty
PostSubject: Is life ever going to be the same again?   Is life ever going to be the same again? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 pm

My baby is allmost 14 months old, still not sleeping, 20 minutes at most during the day,and wakes up 3 to 4 times at night. I have to get up 5 times a week and my husband twice a week. I love my baby but I think depression is sinking in. I have lost 12kg and a lot of inches, my husband does not seem to appreciate my thinner body and the hard work that went into it.

He showed a video of me and the baby at the beach on our recent holiday with my bikini on to a male colleague who said to my husband that he was not looking at the baby but at me, he thinks I look very good after the baby, he said he thinks I am beautiful and that my husband should look after me.

I loved the compliments (which I never receive from my husband) and suddenly find myself thinking of being with another man. I do not know if I want to be married anymore and I find myself wondering if it was a good idea having the baby? I love my son but life is now so difficult, not being able to do things without having to ask someone to look after the baby.

I feel lost
Back to top Go down
PNDSA

Is life ever going to be the same again? Empty
PostSubject: Life will never be the same again!!   Is life ever going to be the same again? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi there Michelle

Your life will never be the same again because you now have a beautiful baby boy in your life. It does seem at these very early stages of childrens' lives that things will never be normal again because it's such a demanding and draining time, but it DOES get better.

I would, however, suggest that you investigate the possibility that you might be suffering from PND. We have a checklist on our website, which you can do to see if you are showing signs of PND. Please contact us on our helpline number and someone will refer you to a health care professional closest to you.

I also feel that it's of paramount importance that you and your husband start talking very seriously about your relationship. If you feel that you need some extra help, a marriage councellor might be just what you need to get the process started.

Please contact us if you need any further information.

Kind regards
Alnere
PNDSA
Back to top Go down

Is life ever going to be the same again?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On-line Support Group :: You've had a baby, how are you?-
Jump to: