On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother of 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
enidan

Mother of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Mother of 3   Mother of 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 pm

I had my beautiful baby boy 8 months ago. We have 3 boys, a 5 & a 2 year old. It is very overwhelming... I have my own business that I operate from home. Luan was 4 days old when I started to work again. Not full-on, but small jobs. It is not active work, just in front of the computer. I started feeling down in the dumps about a month ago. Everything just started to overwhelm me. Even cooking evening meals was a huge task, even if it is just 2 minute noodles! My husband suggested that I take a break and I visited my sister for 10 days, only with the baby, because I still breastfeed him. But when I arrived at the airport with small arms awaiting a hug, it started again. I love my children and will never hurt them, but I do not have the patience I used to have. They crave my love and attention - I just do not have the energy (& will) to play with them. Me and my husband do not have a lot of quality time together... And he does not MAKE time for me. I can understand that, because I am not little miss personality. I have nothing to say to him, I do not want to complain and suffer in silence. Nothing makes me smile, nothing excite me. There is nothing to look forward to. I am sad (for no reason) and there is a permanent knot in my belly. The way I feel now has a damaging effect om my whole family....... I am just waiting for happy days.

I took the test and scores 69.

PS: When I reread my letter... I was shocked at what I wrote!
Back to top Go down
PNDSA

Mother of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother of 3   Mother of 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi there Mom of 3

Wow what a brave lady you are. I have 3 myself and it is quite a job. I would highly recommend that you give us a call on either our helpline 082 882 0072 (day time hours) or our office no 021 797 4498 (mornings only). It sounds to me, from what you describe in your post, that you may be suffering from PND and if that's case, we would really like to put you in touch with someone in your area that can help you.

Please don't carry this load on your own. I don't know if you have already, but you need to have a very serious chat with your husband and explain to him that this may be something you are suffering with. It is imperative that the two of you make time for each other. Even if it's just one evening a week, to catch up and chat about how things are going in each other's lives. I know this is easier said than done, but it's vital for the health of your family.

Give us a call. We look forward to chatting with you and helping you get the support you need.

Kind regards

Alnere
(PNDSA)
Back to top Go down

Mother of 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On-line Support Group :: You've had a baby, how are you?-
Jump to: