On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marriage and PND

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetsieK

Marriage and PND Empty
PostSubject: Marriage and PND   Marriage and PND EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:58 pm

Ever since I had my baby who is now three months old, my marriage seems to be coming apart at the seams. My husband and I had problems already but these days I feel as if I really want to pack my bags and leave. Im tired and depressed all the time, I sleep most of the day, I've quite literally stopped eating, I've gone from being enthusiastic and happy-go-lucky to a lethargic bundle of nerves.

I've begun to feel as if my husband is demanding too much of me, especially after I found out about an affair he's been having since before we were married which he claims has ended. This led to me to text an ex I'd started to miss, which resulted in my husband battering me until he ruptured my eardrum.

I'm still studying through UNISA (he's paying) so I don't have the financial means to leave him or even file for divorce so I'm pretty stuck in a perpertual nightmare that is only getting worse.

I'm afraid all of this drama will unvariably have a negative impact on my baby but I dont know what to do. I've become so tired of wearing a smile for my baby and cooing and making nonsensical chit-chat with her. Maybe my depression initially had nothing to do with my giving birth but I now feel it would be so much easier if Id never had this baby to begin.

I am so ashamed of my thoughts I dont think I can face therapy but writing here makes it a little bit better. Am I a bad person for thinking them?

What should I do? Should I swallow my disappointment and carry on with my husband, the abusive, notorious philanderer? What can I do? Please help. I feel so trapped.
Back to top Go down
Inge

Marriage and PND Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marriage and PND   Marriage and PND EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I have had a wonderful marriage with a great husband, and we have a gorgeous 7 month old son. We have been together for 10 years , have been married for 3.5 years. But lately I cannot help feeling completely depressed and even, at times, suicidal. I can see that these feelings are affecting my husband, and I know his EQ is not very developed. I love my son and I love my little boy, but it feels like everything is just getting to be too much.
Back to top Go down
PNDSA

Marriage and PND Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marriage and PND   Marriage and PND EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am

Hi there

I would highly recommend that you give us a call on our national helpline. It does sound to me that you might be suffering from PND which is possibly exagerated by your circumstances.

We would like to just have a chat with you and see if there is anyway in which we can help you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alnere
PNDSA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marriage and PND Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marriage and PND   Marriage and PND Empty

Back to top Go down

Marriage and PND
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On-line Support Group :: You've had a baby, how are you?-