On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medication

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MayaAnna

Medication Empty
PostSubject: Medication   Medication EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum and am wondering has anyone used Espiride or Eglynol.

My baby is 5 weeks old and I have been using Espiride (the generic of Eglynol) since her birth.

Since yesterday, I have been feeling completely depressed and having terrible dark thoughts, particuarly about all the bad things that happen to children in the world today. I even, unjustifiably, felt that I could not leave my husband alone with our daughter. This all happened suddenly and was not triggered by any particular occurence.

Can someone please help me? Should I increase the dose of Espiride or is this 'normal'?

I have not yet received any reply to this post.

I will ask another question though and hopefully someone out there will help me.

Has anyone been on fluoxetine (Prozac, Nuzak etc) while breastfeeding. Like I said, the Espiride does not seem to be helping and I have Nuzak available. I would like to go see a psychiatrist but I cant seem to make it out of bed and my pyjamas, never mind call up a doctor and make an appointment to leave the house.

Please help me anyone.

Last edited by MayaAnna on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No reply received)
Back to top Go down
enidmela

Medication Empty
PostSubject: hey?   Medication EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey MayaAnna,

I just read your post. I'm new here and maybe I'm missing something, but I'm more than surprised that nobody else has replied so far.

Now it's quite some time later and am wondering how you are doing?
It sounded to me like you should really see a professional!

Hoping to hear from you!

Mel
Back to top Go down
Amy

Medication Empty
PostSubject: dear mayanna   Medication EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I havn't had either of the medications you have mentioned but i can guarantee you that feeling like that is never normal. I've known people to have a lot of trouble finding the right medication but hang in there you will find the right one and start feeling happy again.Also don't worry at this early stage i don't think many people make it out of their pj's much.
If you read this please write back so we know you are ok .Thinking of you, Amy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maya-Ann

Medication Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medication   Medication EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Thank you for the replies!

I went to see a psychiatrist and am doing absolutely much better. I am currently using Nuzac and Espiride and am back at work and happy in the knowledge that my baby is being safely taken care of by my mother. I am thoroughly enjoying being a mother and encourage anyone feeling despair and desperate to seek professional help.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Medication Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medication   Medication EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:06 pm

That is great to hear i am very happy for you.Thanks for letting me know. Amy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medication Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medication   Medication Empty

Back to top Go down

Medication
Page 1 of 1