On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not myself after 8 months

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nbrother

Not myself after 8 months Empty
PostSubject: Not myself after 8 months   Not myself after 8 months EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Well safe to say that I do not feel myself after 8 months. My little girl is 8 months old, and well I just feel FUNNY? Not happy, feels like life is hard, no joy? I absolutely love my little girl and would do anything for her. Feeling tired, moody, grumpy, feeling frusrated, annoyed and like life is hard. I find I am resentful towards my hubby that my life has changed so much. I a huge responsiblity and he can carry on and I have work all the time, not time off. He does help but it seems it is never enough. I am scared that our relationship is under strain. We are seeing a councellor too, so that is in hand. Life just feels tough, not easy and wondering if it gets better and when??? I feel as if this feeling was with me during my pregnancy. My hubby has made comments like I am not fun to be around I am so serious, I should lighten up? Heck I hope I lighten up? Any suggestions? Please, battling away here!
Back to top Go down
PNDSA

Not myself after 8 months Empty
PostSubject: You'll be ok   Not myself after 8 months EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 am

Hi there

Just read your chat about not feeling yourself and I wanted to reassure you that life does get better. I don't know if the councellor you are seeing has evaluated you for PND, but it might be helpful for you to do our questionnaire on the homepage to give you an idea if you are suffering from PND. This can just help you move forward. If you are unsure then please phone our helpline or the office. We are in Tue, Thurs and Fri mornings.

Don't underestimate the strain that a new baby puts on you and on your marriage. You need to cut yourself some slack and remember that this is just a short time in your life (I know it feels like forever) and will soon be over.

I also feel that it's imperative that you and your husband sit down and chat about how you are going to do this 'baby phase' together as a TEAM. You definately need some alone time where you get away from baby and home. Find some activity that will make you feel, for want of a better word, 'normal' and do that at a set time as often as you can.

Please contact us if you feel emotionaly that you just can't cope. You are not alone. There is help out there!!

Best wishes
Alnere
Back to top Go down

Not myself after 8 months
Page 1 of 1