On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8 Weeks pregnant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James

8 Weeks pregnant Empty
PostSubject: 8 Weeks pregnant   8 Weeks pregnant EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi All,

God have blessed my wife and me. She is now 8 weeks pregnant but is feeling very down and emotional. She does suffer from depression but we managed to get her off the medication for about 6 months now and she was doing very well. Now that she is pregnant she is feeling very down and even had a panic attack the other night.

Will this pass or should she rather go and see someone?
Back to top Go down
Tlalane

8 Weeks pregnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Weeks pregnant   8 Weeks pregnant EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 am

Hi James

I also suffered from depression before falling pregnant I had been on anti-depresants for a while thankfully i had also been off them for a lenghty period of time before falling pregnant. After finding out that I was pregnant at six weeks I was overjoyed after a few weeks I started to feel down and depressed, I was teary and couldnt bring myself to enjoy the moments. I asked my Gynae about it he said it was quite normal. I was very blessed after a little while it went just as quick as it had come and I felt better than I had in years.
I think your wife should not panic about it, she should give it a couple of weeks and maybe even discuss it with the gyn at the next visit, it was explained to me the hormonal changes cause the imbalance in the brain which then results in the depression but these will soon subside.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
jamesb

8 Weeks pregnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Weeks pregnant   8 Weeks pregnant EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes my wife is feeling better but still a bit down. We are seeing the gynae on Wednesday so will discuss it with him.

Regards,
J

Tlalane wrote:
Hi James

I also suffered from depression before falling pregnant I had been on anti-depresants for a while thankfully i had also been off them for a lenghty period of time before falling pregnant. After finding out that I was pregnant at six weeks I was overjoyed after a few weeks I started to feel down and depressed, I was teary and couldnt bring myself to enjoy the moments. I asked my Gynae about it he said it was quite normal. I was very blessed after a little while it went just as quick as it had come and I felt better than I had in years.
I think your wife should not panic about it, she should give it a couple of weeks and maybe even discuss it with the gyn at the next visit, it was explained to me the hormonal changes cause the imbalance in the brain which then results in the depression but these will soon subside.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 Weeks pregnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 Weeks pregnant   8 Weeks pregnant Empty

Back to top Go down

8 Weeks pregnant
Page 1 of 1