On-line Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
On-line Support Group

Providing information and support for women who are experiencing Postnatal Depression, and their families.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pregnant and Depressed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jones25

Pregnant and Depressed Empty
PostSubject: Pregnant and Depressed   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm 25, Pregnant with my first and extremely depressed. I feel like I lost the person I once was. Cheerful, Full of life and spiritual. I've lost my interest in everything, plus everyone I know thinks bad of me because I fell pregant with a guy I've been with for Two months. We both love eachother so much, and he's extremely supportive, it's just that with me being so super sensitive's effecting our relationship. He's parents, and family were all excited for us as a couple, and for moving in together, but now they don't want aything from me. they exclude me from everything. I feel like I failed, not only with this unplanned pregnancy, but my entire life. I've thought about ending it, but it's not fair on the child, I even thought about hurting myself, but then I realised that it wouldn't be worth it. I hate feeling so sad and miserable all the time, I feel alone, sad, emotionally drained. I tired of feeling like this. I need help. PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Col

PostSubject: Antenatal Depression   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Being depressed and pregnant is very common these days. It is important that you seek help so that you can avoid suffering from postnatal depression once you baby has been born.

Please let me know where about you live so that I can put you in contact with a trained counsellor who will be able to assist you.

If you would like to email me directly please do so at info@pndsa.org.za

Take care

Colleen
Back to top Go down
RebelMum

RebelMum

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant and Depressed   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:23 pm

hi colleen

I just wanted to let you know that I too was very depressed during my pregnancy. So much so that I isolated myself from all my friends and family for most of it, because I was just so miserable. Some moments I can now look back and laugh at - like when I once was so angry and depressed that I threw raw chicken and vegetables I was preparing, followed by the plate, at my husbands head.

These days I describe me and pregnancy like Jekyll and Hyde! Everything I am when I'm pregnant is everything I'm not in normal circumstances. I felt like my entire personality changed while pregnant and it was confusing and devastating not understanding why I was feeling this way or why I was acting like I did. I often thought if I could find a way to kill myself without hurting my baby I would have done it!

What I can say is that you are not alone, and that there is help! You don't need to go through your pregnancy feeling like this, so you shouldn't! Although there are no "safe" anti-depressants for pregnancy, there are some that are commonly used and have very low chance of side effects on the baby.

feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
notreadyfortwo

PostSubject: I too am pregnant and depressed plus postpartum issues.   Pregnant and Depressed EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 6:34 am

I have a 10 month old baby and I'm 5 months pregnant.
I told my doctor I've been really down and he said it's a part of pregnancy, I think I'm depressed.
I've written down how I feel then researched depression and the information I find matches my feelings and I get it a lot.
I don't want to talk to people I normally talk to about my issues and my doctor just blows it off when I mention it, what am I supposed to do? I feel hopeless and lost. I'm scared I can't give my new baby the proper prenatal care she deserves and with placenta priva, a previous miscarriage and an active 10 month old I'm not sure what to do. I just want to be a good mom and I don't feel like I'm restrained.
Are there actual chat rooms where I can talk to some one who will believe me or take me seriously? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tebogo

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant and Depressed   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:07 am

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and depressed i relate to Jones completely and i swear if i don't get help soon i'm going to loose my mind.I often ask myself this Q is there something wrong with me as i write this i'm in tears because this has been a burden in my life from months now please help me.
Sad
Back to top Go down
GWEN.M

PostSubject: Depression   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:41 am

I'm 24weeks, Pregnant with my second Angle and extremely depressed. I really do not know who I am anymore: twisted: I really need help even going to a support group; with my first baby I had a wonderful pregnancy. Most of the time I feel like killing myself or jump out of my skin, I cannot sleep I am irritated most of the time do not like most of the people ,I was always a good and jolly person. Help me before I kill myself. My husband is supportive but he told me I should take a minute at a time I do not think he feels what I feel
Back to top Go down
Pauly

PostSubject: Pregnant and depressed   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 pm

I am so happy to see that I am not the only one! I am 12 weeks pregnant and extremely depressed. Whenever my husband has a drink with friends I get so angry because it feels like he has no consideration for the sacrifices I have to make and that he isn't compromising at all. We have had numerous fights about my change in personality and I just feel so guilty. It feels like nothing can make me happy anymore.
Back to top Go down
cjrayy

PostSubject: i am so depressed and i am 6 weeks pregnant   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm

i am 28 year old...i am 6 weeks pregnant and i cant tell my boy friend that cos he will get mad..and i know at this point he is not in a place to be a dad..i have told no one that i am pregnant..i dont know what to do
Back to top Go down
Hopeful

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant and Depressed   Pregnant and Depressed EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Thank goodness its not only me i'm now 25 weeks and have been really depressed my whole pregnancy!I have told my husband that i think i need help that this isnt normal for me to feel this way but he just brushes it off! I dont think he realizes how serious i am about this but his father n mother absolutly hate me they have told everyone that i am cheating on my husband which isnt true at all they have told me that they will just have to deal with me being the mother to his children!!! They didnt want us to get married either and they really hate the idea of us having a baby!I miscarried with our first child due to depression and stress n his parents were very happy which made it very hard for me to even be around them n still to this day i dont go around them that much i think it is horriable that someone could hate a person so much that they wish for a baby's life to be taken away i have no respect for them!!!I tell myself this baby is my GOD sent gift and noone can take her away from me i just hope i can make it through the next 16 weeks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant and Depressed   Pregnant and Depressed Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnant and Depressed
Page 1 of 1